Do you love solving real-world data problems with the latest and best techniques? And having fun while
solving them in a team! Then come join our high energy team of passionate data people. Jash Data
Sciences is the right place for you.
We are a cutting edge Data Sciences and Data Engineering startup based in Pune, India.
We believe in continuous learning and evolution. And we let the data speak!
What will you be doing?
● Lead a team of Data Engineers to create Data Pipelines. You will be responsible for the quality and
timeliness of the deliverables.
● Be a hands-on leader that leads with example
● Design and architect systems for scale and performance (think terabyte-scale data!)
● Strong communication skills
● Have thoughtful discussions with customers to understand their data engineering requirements.
Break complex requirements into smaller tasks for execution. And estimating the tasks.
● A go-to person for the team for technical problems.
● Mentoring and guiding team members
● Implement ETL/ ELT processes in the cloud using tools like AirFlow, Glue, Stitch, Cloud Data
● Design and implement Data Lake, Data Warehouse, and Data Marts in AWS, GCP, or Azure using
Redshift, BigQuery, PostgreSQL, etc.
● Creating efficient SQL queries and understanding query execution plans for tuning queries on
engines like PostgreSQL.
● Performance tuning of OLAP/ OLTP databases by creating indices, tables, and views.
● Write Python scripts for orchestration of data pipelines
What we need from you
● Strong Python programming ability with several hands-on projects implemented.
● Experience in leading a team of Data Engineers with the successful implementation of Data
Pipelines on public cloud infrastructure
● Strong understanding of Data Engineering concepts including ETL, ELT, Data Lake, Data
Warehousing, and Data Pipelines.
● Experience designing and implementing Data Pipelines, Data Lakes, Data Warehouses, and Data
Marts that support terabytes scale data.
● A track record of implementing Data Pipelines on different public cloud environments is a must.
● A clear understanding of Database concepts like indexing, query performance optimization, views,
and various types of schemas.
● Hands-on SQL programming experience with knowledge of windowing functions, subqueries, and
various types of joins.
● Experience with at least one Python web framework Django or Flask is a plus.
● Show us your git repo/ blog!
● 5-8 years of experience working on Data Engineering projects
● 5-8 years of Hands-on Python programming experience
● 2-4 years of experience leading a team of engineers
● Bachelors/ Masters degree in Computer Science is good to have
● Courses or Certifications in the area of Data Engineering will be given a higher preference.
● Candidates who have demonstrated a drive for learning and keeping up to date with technology by
continuing to do various courses/self-learning will be given high preference.
Please share profiles at firstname.lastname@example.org.