Technology, in recent days, has reached peaks and the increase of automation has added more wings to this transformation. From automating a simple unit test to automating the entire business process, technology has augmented its manner to the digital era. This Selenium vs RPA blog, like this blog, will provide you with a lucid concept of how those automation tools differ from one another.
So, on this Selenium vs RPA blog, you will be evaluating the 2 automation giants. Let’s take a look at what we can be discussed on this Selenium vs RPA blog:
What is selenium?:
Selenium is a free (open-source) automated testing framework used to validate web applications throughout exclusive browsers and platforms. You can use multiple programming languages like Java, C#, Python, etc to create Selenium Test Scripts. Testing was done the usage of the Selenium testing tool is generally known as Selenium Testing.
Features of Selenium:
- Selenium helps cross-browser testing which makes the implementation of the test-cases easy throughout numerous browsers multiple times.
- Test cases can be written in several programming languages which include Java, Python, C#, Ruby, etc. Among these, Java is the most typically used language to write test scripts.
- Selenium is incredibly flexible with regard to functional and regression testing. Functional testing allows testing of the software against the business requirement and ensures there are no defects. Regression testing enables re-executing the tests towards the changed application to check whether the modified code runs accordingly.
- A set of Selenium commands that run tests are known as Selenese, and the test script refers back to the series of those commands.
- Tests can’t be performed on mobile or desktop applications; it is entirely prone to web application testing.
What is RPA?
RPA is an application of technology, governed by business logic and structured inputs, aimed toward automating business processes. Using RPA tools, an organization can configure software, or a “robot,” to capture and interpret applications for processing a transaction, manipulating data, triggering responses, and communicating with other digital systems.
Features of RPA :
- RPA became coined with the imaginative and prescient of empowering enterprise customers to create software program bots (robots) that would engage with machines similar to humans.
- It advanced from the 3 key predecessors: Screen scraping, workflow automation, and artificial intelligence.
- RPA bots are effective to imitate numerous human actions which include logging into applications, copying and pasting statistics, passing files and folders, filling in forms, scraping browsers, and extracting structured & semi-structured data from documents.
- It is exceedingly dependent on Screen scraping & Workflow automation that manages workflows the use of drag & drop functions in a visible way, that’s totally independent of coding knowledge.
- RPA is essentially a mixture of Artificial Intelligence and automation.
- RPA is platform-independent.
Difference between RPA and Selenium:
|Types of Automation||Robotic Process automation supports Flexible Automation||Selenium helps programmable automation|
|Cost||If we need to build a project in RPA we need to purchase its tools. So RPA is costly to examine to selenium||Selenium is absolutely open-source so it’s free.|
|Dependency||RPA is platform-independent. It may be run on mobile, desktop, web-applications||Selenium is used to test the most effective web applications. o It can’t be run on a laptop or mobile application.|
|Component used||RPA makes use of ROBOTS to finish any task||Selenium used WEB-DRIVERS to automate any task|
|Level of Automation||RPA plays all clerical strategies like data entry, Banking calculation||RPA plays all clerical strategies like data entry, Banking calculation|
|Will Automation||Business Process||Web applications|
|Coding-knowledge||Minimum coding knowledge is required||Fundamental knowledge is required|
|use- case||Run at the backend of a process||Can test the current webpage|
In this Selenium vs. RPA blog, this article has mentioned the main differences and similarities between the 2 booming automation software in the industry. Both Selenium and RPA have their personal pros and cons in terms of Automation. So, one needs to be particular about the necessities and the way properly those tools are aligned with the same.
Ethans Tech provides you both the course and both the courses have distinct features for each course.