Selenium is one of the most regularly used automation testing tools because of its open-source nature and simplicity of testing using net browsers. Selenium permits you to check web applications while the only aspect which can have an effect on your testing experiences is the lack of ability to use selenium for testing software or mobile applications.
Java, on the other hand, is the most closely used programming language in today’s market. Both of that technology collectively make a perfect combination for automation Testing.
What is selenium?
Selenium is the most famous open-source tool that is used extensively for automating the tests that are accomplished on web browsers. In other words, you may test web applications only with Selenium. You can neither test any desktop (software) application nor any mobile application using Selenium.
Selenium isn’t just a single tool, as it is a group of software, and every tool has one-of-a-kind cases of testing.
Why is Java preferred with Selenium?
Selenium and Java become an ideal combo to run automated tests on distinctive web browsers. Java seems to be the most desired language through the experts who use Selenium in their everyday lives.
Some of the reasons why Java is desired with Selenium are:
- Java has a huge community of active software program developers who actively make contributions to writing test cases. This not only facilitates the Java network to develop however also facilitates the Selenium testers.
- The execution of programs is quicker in Java compared to some other programming languages.
- Today, Java is more broadly used than other languages, so integrating the Selenium tests with Java is relatively easier.
Java required for Selenium:
- Structure and essentials for Java program: You want to recognize, what are the important thing components of every Java program. This structure is important. Next, you want to recognize the development environment, compilation, and running of the program
- Concepts of variables: People find it hard to understand this concept once they start. Need a touch effort to learn that.
- Language structures like if-else, while, for loops, etc: Are java language necessities and assist in building logic
- Classes and objects: Learn the concept of classes and objects. At this juncture, it will become actually important. But don’t attempt to learn it in the beginning.
- Arrays: How can we deal with a couple of data sets in Java? Arrays permit us in doing that. This is required because commonly you’ll be using a couple of test data sets for testing software or screen.
- Collections: Collections assist in dealing with datasets in a more efficient way than arrays. Set, List & map are 3 sorts of collections, you want to learn.
- Handling files: Another crucial topic for Java. For writing your automation scripts, you may choose up data from files as well (generally Excel and CSV). So you want to understand the way to open and create files, read data from the files, etc.
Selenium with Java binding is a Java library which means it’s been developed the use of Java concepts. Selenium with Java is generally utilized by automation professionals. To work with Selenium, you need to be aware of the concepts of the Java programming language. Java is a limitless ocean of concepts. It is real that nobody can learn each and every concept of Java. But the more you know, the higher you could use it with Selenium.